Responsible Research with AMT
Always practice responsible research. You should read and educate yourself before undertaking research with any chemical. The Psychonaut Wiki has some very helpful resources and information on AMT. Never conduct research with a chemical without learning about it first.
WARNING This product is not for human or veterinary use.
What is AMT?
αMT was originally developed by Upjohn in the 1960s. It was briefly used in the Soviet Union as an antidepressant under the trade name Indopan. Indopan was prescribed in 5-10 mg doses, which is significantly lower than the dose used for recreational effects.
Erowid has received “a handful of unverifiable reports of hospitalization after high-dose (over 60 mg oral) αMT ingestion.” There were 22 deaths linked to αMT in England and Wales where the drug became popular as a legal high from 2012 until it was banned in early 2015.
Limited data exists about the pharmacological properties, metabolism, and toxicity of aMT, and it has a limited history of non-medical human use. It is highly advised to use harm reduction practices if using this substance.
αMT, or α-Methyltryptamine is a synthetic indole alkaloid molecule of the tryptamine class. Tryptamines share a core structure comprised of a bicyclic indole heterocycle attached at R3 to an amino group via an ethyl side chain. AMT is substituted at the alpha carbon Rα of its tryptamine backbone with a methyl group.
AMT is found in freebase form as a racemate of its (R-) and (S-) enantiomers.
αMT also acts as a releasing agent of serotonin, noradrenaline, and dopamine. It also acts as a very weak, non-selective RIMA in-vitro and in-vivo., but this is unlikely to be very significant (if at all) with common doses.
Some of the most commonly reported effects are:
- Anxiety suppression
- Empathy, affection, and sociability enhancement
- Analysis enhancement
- Conceptual thinking
- Emotion enhancement
- Cognitive euphoria
- Immersion enhancement
- Increased music appreciation
- Memory suppression
- Ego death
- Thought acceleration
- Thought connectivity
- Time distortion
- Acuity enhancement
- Colour enhancement
- Pattern recognition enhancement
Potential Side Effects
- Difficulty urinating – A slight difficulty urinating is occasionally present.
- Temperature regulation suppression
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Increased blood pressure
- Increased heart rate
- Increased perspiration
- Pupil dilation
AMT is classified as illegal in:
- Australia: AMT is illegal to possess, produce and sell. It is controlled as an analog of 5-MeO-AMT, which is a schedule 9 controlled substance.
- Austria: AMT is illegal to possess, produce and sell under the NPSG (Neue-Psychoaktive-Substanzen-Gesetz Österreich).
- China: As of October 2015 AMT is a controlled substance in China.
- Denmark: In 2010, the Danish Minister for the Interior and Health placed AMT on their lists of controlled substances (List B).
- Germany: AMT is controlled under Anlage I BtMG (Narcotics Act, Schedule I) as of January 31, 1993. It is illegal to manufacture, possess, import, export, buy, sell, procure, or dispense it without a license.
- Greece: AMT is illegal to possess, produce, and sell.
- Hungary: AMT was controlled on the Schedule C list in Hungary in 2013.
- Japan: AMT is illegal to possess, produce, and sell.
- Latvia: AMT is a Schedule I drug.
- Lithuania: As of 2012, AMT is controlled as a tryptamine derivative under the 1st list of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances which prohibits its use for medical purposes.
- Russia: AMT is illegal to possess, produce, and sell.
- Slovakia: AMT was placed on the List of Hazardous Substances in Annex, § 2 in Slovakia in 2013.
- Slovenia: AMT appeared on the Decree on Classification of Illicit Drugs in 2013.
- Spain: AMT is controlled according to the Act on the Prohibition of Certain Goods.
- Sweden: AMT is illegal to possess, produce, and sell.
- Switzerland: AMT, along with AET are controlled substances specifically named under Verzeichnis D.
- United Kingdom: AMT is a Class A drug in the United Kingdom as a result of the tryptamine catch-all clause.
This list is not exhaustive, so do your own research into the legal status in your country before ordering!
How to Buy AMT Succinate
You can buy AMT and other tryptamines like 4-HO-MET, 5-MeO-MiPT, and 4-AcO-MET here at Chemical-Collective. All of our chemicals are third party lab tested.
All of our chemicals are strictly for research and analytical purposes only and not for human consumption.
If you wish to see NMR results for AMT or any other chemical, please email us at email@example.com.
All products are strictly for research purposes only and not for human consumption.
Store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight. Lysergamides and Tryptamines should be kept below 20'c where possible
Product Name: AMT Succinate
Other Name(s): alpha-Methyltryptamine
IUPAC Name: 2-(1H-indol-3-yl)-1-methyl-ethylamine
Molar Mass: 174.247 g·mol−1